Africagetaway.co.za and Getawayafrica.com are both websites owned and managed by Getaway Africa Adventures cc registered South African Travel Agency in Cape Town (registration number 2002.088251/23) with members Mrs A. Vermeulen & MR G. Vermeulen.
Getaway Africa and Africa Getaway offers travellers the best packaged deals to world-wide destinations that suit their needs, which is a paramount importance to us. As travel advisors we go the extra mile to ensure that holiday makers have the most memorable vacations and get the best personal service for their travel holiday.
In the Tourism Industry since 2002.
Today we are proud to be a registered online travel company committed to international tourism needs. We are passionate about this magnificent network and dedicated to showcase the beauty of all countries to those who wants to travel aboard. Its founding members, Hennie and Annelie Vermeulen, started the Africa Getaway website in 2005 expanding their online offers with a focus on outbound tourism from South Africa.
Our staff members are dedicated to assist partners, ensuring the best possible itineraries for each individual need, at an affordable price.Travel is our passion and our goal is that every traveler will come from their holiday with a memorable experience.
The Personal Touch
With Getaway Africa & Africa Getaway you can travel with confidence, working with South African-born citizens, with experience of travel regulations to/from South Africa. As experienced travel agents and tourism specialist we strive to keep our clients informed and advised on the destination before they leave their home country using a large network of worldwide partners.
From the first email inquiry to flight back home, we make sure that you can relax and have your needs tended to while on holiday. We take highest pride in providing a professional service, ensuring that your trip of a lifetime runs smoothly from the planning stage.
Meet the team
With 10 years of experience, Gert has travelled to over 20 different countries. Dedicated to his profession, travel has become a passion for him. Starting out as just a travel consultant, he has grown to become a core member of the team with a leading role in the website design and tour/holiday package design.
Annelie entered the travel industry in 2007 starting out at Getaway Africa, the original inbound travel agency and tour operator. Today she holds a leading role at both Getaway Africa & Africa Getaway (sister websites).
Why Book with Getaway Africa / Africa Getaway
- Our agency is part of a huge international travel network offering deals and special offers on hotels, flights and tours at discounted rates.
- With more and more travelers making use of online booking platforms and falling prey to hidden fees and travel regulations, many travelers prefer to deal with experienced specialist to make the trip less stressful. Our travel experts are dedicated to offering a personal touch to travel by dealing directly with the client while traveling making use of social media and messaging services like WhatsApp (24/7 assistance, 365 days a year).
- Based on yearly visits from our team, we have compiled a portfolio of reliable and comfortable accommodation options in various countries that live up to expectation.
- Our experienced team offers a great deal of flexibility to clients looking to make use of local tour operators while traveling with a vast network of tour operators on all continents of the earth.
- With multiple awards for best travel agency in Cape Town for Emirates Holidays, our agency works closely with Emirates making use of special contracted fares that offer travelers more flexibility than before with rewards for return clients making use of the airline.
What our clients say about us:
Thanks a lot for the most enjoyable holiday of a lifetime. We enjoyed every moment of it and all the arrangements were excellent. We will surely make use of you again.
Thanks for organizing our holiday. It was great fun and we enjoyed it thoroughly. Everything went according to plan without any problems. The Egypt tour guides were exceptional making our holiday one big feast.
Annelie, thousands of thanks for all your arrangements and help with endurance and the plays and changes to our holiday, thank you for your prompt feedback and hands on approaches throughout - it was a truly unforgettable holiday!
Until we talk again next week!
Thank you we had a good time! Everything went very smoothly (except for the two hour delay crossing the bridge, but that is beyond any-body's control) - just sorry we did not book an extra day as there simply was not enough time to enjoy all the activities. It was a lovely surprise for my husband - just unfortunate that we had a room facing the bush, but then, we didn't spend much time in it so it didn't really matter. The Kingdom is ideally placed and an excellent choice.
Should we have the opportunity again we will definitely be in contact! In the interim, I attach a few photos for you.
We have streamlined the process to make it as easy as possible for the user. Security and offering 100% privacy of our clients' detail is paramount.
- You send us an enquiry about an existing product or requesting a completely individual package.
- When requesting a single service, we will be able to give you most often an availability status immediately.
- When you require an individual package, we will have a final draft of your request within a few emails.
- We will confirm availability of these services you requested and will often make a provisional booking. The provisional booking will have no obligation, however no booking is guaranteed until we have received a deposit. Please read through our Terms & Conditions.
- Upon acceptance from you of the final price, we send you an electronic invoice together with a credit card authorization form.
- Faxing us this completed form, we do a secure credit card transaction via a credit card terminal registered to NedBank South Africa. This ensures that your credit card details are not send through the Internet, no one but us has access to it and it stays 100% secure.
- EFT payments must only be made into our bank accounts at:
- First National Bank (South Africa), account number: 62191939803, Branch: 201210.,
- NEDBANK account number 1017865817, Branch : 10331000
- ABSA account number :9246856048, Branch: 632005.
- Please use no other bank account.
- Upon approval, we will send you a receipt and all your vouchers in electronic format which can be handed to each individual service provider during your holiday.
If you request one service, the process from requesting to payment can be as quick as 30 minutes. With our packages you will receive copies of your e-vouchers, extra information, complete package itinerary, contact details in case of an emergency and much more to assist you with your travels. You can rest with the peace of mind that we are only a phone call away during your whole travel 24 hours, 365 days a year.