Terms & Conditions of Africa Getaway
AfricaGetaway.co.za website is owned by Getaway Africa Adventures CC, a registered South African company - registration number 2002/088251/23 - since 2005.
1. General Information
- Africa Getaway shall not be bound by any representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein or agreed to by it in writing. No presentation, term, warranty or condition express or implied shall be considered to be or have been made or agreed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation.
- No indulgence, which the company may grant to any part, shall constitute a waiver of any of the rights of Africa Getaway who shall not thereby be precluded from exercising any rights against the customer and/or the traveler which may arisen in the past or which might arise in the future.
- Should Africa Getaway appoint a tour guide in respect of any tour, then the traveler shall be obliged to comply with all reasonable instructions of such tour guide. Africa Getaway reserves the right to terminate the tour of any traveler who wrongfully or unlawfully fails to adhere to the reasonable instructions of an appointed tour guide, and/or causes any wrongful disruption, disturbance or nuisance to any other traveler, tour group or service provider.
- All travelers shall comply with any prohibition on smoking imposed on any coaches and at any hotels/venues on any tour.
All travelers are advised to and are solely responsible to take out comprehensive travel insurance and to familiarize themselves with any exceptions and conditions as may be imposed by the insurance company or underwriters issuing the policy of insurance which they select.
Africa Getaway shall not be responsible or liable:
- for any information which it or its representatives furnish in relation to travel insurance; or
- for filing/prosecuting a claim on behalf of the traveler against any insurer/ underwriter who has issued a policy to the traveler.
- for any claim disputed/ rejected by the insurers.
- for the return of monies paid due to any reason for the traveler not being able to make use of the services. It is therefore critical to have insurance to cover the traveler against any instance
3. Special Requests
Special requests must be made at the time of the booking. Africa Getaway will endeavor to comply with the special requests, which will be for the cost of the traveler, but cannot guarantee that such requests will be met.
4. Exclusions of Liability, Suppliers Terms & Risks
- Africa Getaway(The Company/cc) acts as broker or agent to compile and package tours, accommodation, safaris and other travel arrangements. We are not the suppliers of these services.
- The company endeavors to use quality suppliers among International tour operators, hotels, lodges, overland companies, airlines and other service provider that will provide the products featured in Africa Getaway's website as well as ensure that all services part of the clients' tour be conducted efficiently and according to what is advertised,however, because we have no direct control over this service provision by these suppliers, we shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, delay, accident, sickness, death, theft or any irregularity that may be occasioned by any error or default, act or omission of any supplier in carrying out the arrangements of any tour and/or accommodation, or otherwise in connection therewith.
- The company will not accept any liability due to changes, omissions and/or delays before or during the course of any published tour occasioned by technical difficulties, weather, strikes, unrest, war or terrorist action, communication breakdowns or any event beyond the control of Africa Getaway. All expenses due to such events, including but not limited to unscheduled extensions or curtailment of accommodation, changes to scheduled flights, additional airfares, telephone and meals, etc, will be for the
- If it is in Africa Getaway's opinion that the fulfillment of any tour will be considered impossible, illegal or inadvisable due to strikes, war, unrest, weather conditions beyond Africa Getaway's control, Africa Getaway may at any time cancel such tour or what remains of it or make alterations to that route, accommodation, price and/or other aspect thereof as it deems fit, and any losses and expenses resulting from such cancellation or alterations shall be for the account of the customer.
- All bookings are subject to the terms and conditions specified by each supplier of the different services which the customer contract for in terms of the booking. Africa Getaway will provide on request, the identity of the supplier and such supplier's terms and conditions may include, but are not limited to, provisions regarding the cancellation fees or amendment fees applicable to confirmed reservations, refunds/no refunds for no-shows/ unused services; late booking fees; confirmation of flights, baggage allowance etc. In the case of airlines, the general cancellation fee applicable to tickets issues is 25% (however this can change from airline to airline and type of ticket), the typical baggage allowance for standard airfare is 20kg; extensions of ticket validity is not permitted and the customer must reconfirm her/his flight within 72 hours prior to departure.
- Except in the event of wilful misconduct or gross negligence by Africa Getaway, neither Africa Getaway nor its representatives shall be liable for any loss, injury, death or damages, due to and arising from any tour and/or travel package set herein.
- The company will not be responsible for any charges that appear on a traveler's credit card, nor accept responsibility for having any of these charges reversed or corrected upon the traveler's return to his/her country of departure and or final destination.
5. Hotels, Vehicles and Services
Africa Getaway reserves the right to substitute hotels or tour operators or any other services listed with others of a similar or higher category at no additional cost to the customer, even after commencement of the tour.
6. Travel Documents
(Passports, Visas, Vaccinations, Inoculations and re-entry permits and International Driver's licenses)
- All travelers will be personally responsible for ensuring that they are in the possession of the correct documentation prior to their departure.
- Africa Getaway shall not be responsible for any consequences whatsoever should the traveler fail to ensure that she/he has complied with the necessary health, passport, visa, re-entry permits, or other legal requirements. Due to the constantly changing requirements of each country, Africa Getaway shall not be responsible or liable for any information, which it web sites or representatives may furnish to the traveler in relation to the above.
- Should Africa Getaway be required to courier documents; any costs incurred will be for the customer's account.
- If travelers intend to drive a rental car, they should obtain an international driving permit from their local transport authority. The traveler must also be in possession of his/her local driving license and produce both at the car rental check-in counter.
7. Travel Declaration
Africa Getaway requires that all foreign payments that are made on behalf of any South Africa travelers, must be deducted from the travelers foreign exchange allowance. A currency declaration to this effect must be lodged.
8. Advertised Prices on the Web site
- Prices quoted on the web site of Africa Getaway was stated on the date that the page was published. Africa Getaway reserves the right to amend and adjust prices from time to time due to increases in airfares, tours, hotel prices, entrance fees, government and regional levies and taxes as well as currency fluctuations. No price advertised on the web site will be guaranteed.
- Airfares are subject to prices and conditions quoted by the airlines and cannot be guaranteed by Africa Getaway.
- All information within the Web Site and price schedules are to the best of Africa Getaway's knowledge correct and belief true. However Africa Getaway will not accept liability for any errors or any type of inaccuracy contained therein.
- Discounts applicable to minor children (normally under the age of 12 years), are set out on the various web pages of tours and accommodation
- On confirmation of booking, the customer shall be liable to pay the tour price set out according to the invoice.
- Prices quoted do not include any items or services not specified in the web pages, or Africa Getaway's invoice. Typical items not included may be unless otherwise stated: a tour guide, airport taxes, costs of obtaining visas and passports, telephone calls, laundry, entertainments arrangements, gratuities and portage, meals and drinks, airfares or any other item of a personal nature not specified in the itinerary.
- On confirmation of the booking the customer shall pay Africa Getaway a deposit of the total price as advised on invoice.
- The balance owing on the invoice must be paid 6 weeks prior to departure.
- In the event of any reservation being completed less than 42 days prior to departure, the total price is due immediately on confirmation and is refunds are according to the invoice and service providers' terms and conditions. We therefore strongly recommend sufficient travel insurance to cover you against major eventualities.
- Africa Getaway reserves the right to cancel any reservation for which payment has not been made by due date in which event, any deposit paid will be forfeited to Africa Getaway.
- Documentation is only prepared on receipt of full and final payment and completed booking form.
- Confirmation of the booking and payment of the deposit shall constitute acceptance of Africa Getaway's terms and conditions of business.
10. Payment and Penalty Fees
- Africa Getaway will accept payment for all arrangement in cash or credit card (Visa and MasterCard) only. Payment by Electronic Bank Transfer will constitute in a cash payment. We will not be liable for any bank charges on these payments and clients will be billed if our banks do charge us. Acceptance of credit card and cheque payments are in Africa Getaway's discretion and may be declined without explanation.
- Africa Getaway reserves the right to charge a booking fee/or a handling fee that will be included in the total price.
- In the event of the customer cancelling their reservation for any reason, such cancellation must be made in writing/email/fax and in such instances cancellation charges will be levied as follow:
- More than 45 days prior to departure: The largest amount between the deposit paid or R300.
- 45 days - 32 days prior to departure: 75% of total price
- 31 days or less prior to departure 100%: of total price
All refunds subject to suppliers cancellation policies
- Special payment and cancellation conditions may apply for peak periods, all travel arrangements are subject to the booking conditions and cancellation provisions of the supplier thereof.
- Amendments and all cancellations en route must be made directly with Africa Getaway. Please note that en route cancellations and amendments may incur additional fees as determined by Africa Getaway. Any such amounts due as a result of such amendments/cancellations made directly with Africa Getaway are payable directly to Africa Getaway.
- Amendments to confirmed reservations will be processed at a fee of R150 (excluding VAT) for each alteration made to the booking after the initial reservation. If notice of amendments is received within 42 days prior departure, the above cancellations charges will be levied. Administration charges will be levied on all documentation/ vouchers submitted for re-issue or refund.
- No refunds will be made for no-shows, or any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic inclusive tour price, or whether they are in respect of pre-booked arrangements.
- Although Africa Getaway endeavors to ensure that we charge the same rates or often less than the advertised price of tour operators and accommodation locations, we will not be liable for any price difference between our quote and that of the service provider neither shall we refund any of these differences.
Feedback from our clients
Lees meer oor wat ons kliënte te sê gehad het oor hul Thailand vakansie na Phuket eiland en Bangkok met vlugte vanaf Johannesburg lughawe in Suid Afrika.
Ons reël verbindingsvlugte vanaf alle dele in die land. Pakkette sluit in die goedkoopste vlug kostes op top gehalte lugreederye, met die mees direkte vlugte.
View our Phuket Holiday Reviews by SA travelers & tourists who went on their dream vacation to the islands and beaches of Thailand.
See also - Dubai Holiday Reviews
Africa Safaris & Adventures
Are you planing a African safari or getaway tours to travel South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Kenya or Mozambique. Its the most unique countries to experiences best big 5 and birding adventures. All these African destinations are distinctly different from each other with a great diversity in landscape, bird and wildlife species.
Related Links - Link with US