Passport requirements

U.S. Citizen Passport Requirements:

The Western Hemisphere travel initiative (WHTI) once fully implemented will require all travelers entering or reentering the United states to be in the possession of a valid passport.

Travel & country Info 

Click here for U.S. passport requirement

Anticipated Implementation:

  • January 23, 2007 - Valid passport required for air travel to / from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda.
  • June 8, 2007 - The departments of State and Homeland Security relaxed the valid passport rule for air travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda provided travelers can show
    • (a) a government-issued photo identification and
    • (b) an official proof of application for a U.S. passport from the U.S. Department of State which can be secured from http:/
    • Children under the age of 16 traveling with their parents or legal guardian will be permitted to travel with the child's proof of application.

Note: Travelers who have not applied for a passport should not expect to be accommodated.

October 1, 2007 - The departments of State and homeland security reestablish the valid passport requirement for air travel to / from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda.

U.S. lawful permanent residents will continue to be able to use their Alien registration card (Form I-551) issued by the Department of Homeland security or other valid evidence of permanent residence status to apply for entry to the United States.

January 1, 2008 - A valid passport will be required for all sea and air travel. And subject to U.S. Government amendment, U.S. and Canadian citizens 15 or younger with their parents consent may cross the U.S./Canadian border by land or sea with a certified copy o their birth certificate.

Until that time:

Sea Travel Only:

  • For domestic travel which includes: the Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico, a passport (valid or expired) is highly recommended.
  • In the absence of a passport, a birth certificate (original or certified copy), plus laminated picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required. Note: Baptismal papers and hospital certificates of birth (except for new borns) are not acceptable.
  • For U.S. Naturalized citizens, in the absence of a passport, Naturalization papers (either original or notarized copy) plus a picture ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency is required.
  • A voter registration card or Social security Card are not considered to be proof of citizenship.
  • Children under 16 years of age do not require a picture ID.

International Travel:
A valid passport is required for international tours and cruises; visas are required where they apply. This includes Europe, Asia,

Central and South America:
For additional passport information visit U.S. Department of state. Or if you prefer, contact passport express  for applications and assistance.

Non-U.S. Citizens:
You will need a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. If you live in the U.S., you will also need the original copy of your Alien registration card (ARC or "Green card") and any other documentation the countries on your itinerary require due to your alien status.

Click here for UK passport requirement

Canadian Landed Immigrants:
All Canadian Landed Immigrants (inclusive of those who are citizens of the British Commonwealth countries) who reside in Canada must have valid passports and US visas. Also required is the original copy of your Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) formally the IMM 1000 or with respect to any country on the itinerary any other travel documentation required because of alien status.

Please contact the Embassy (Consular services) of each country on your sailing itinerary or the visa service of your choice for specific visa requirements, information, forms and fees for your nationality.

Visa Waiver Program:

  • Citizens from the visa waiver program countries of: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom seeking to enter the United States will be required to have in their possession a machine readable passport with a digital photograph valid for the duration of the voyage.
  • A machine readable passport is one having an alpha-numeric code on the bottom of the picture page. Example:
  • P<<UKDOE<<JOHN<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  • Visa Waiver program travelers arriving in the U.S. on or after October 26, 2005 with passports issued on or after this date must present passports with a digital photograph.
  • Visa Waiver Program travelers arriving in the U.S. on or after October 26, 2006 with passports issued on or after that date must present a biometric passport or obtain a visa for entry into the United States.

Click here for South Africa passport requirement

Air Travel:

Save more on air travel with discount on airline tickets at OneTravel and kick off that vacation long overdue. Book now and save big on your next flight!

Hotels in Cannes

Here at the site you can have all the important information about Cannes with perspective of a travel visiting the city for leisure activities. Here, you can have information about hotels, places of attractions, shopping centers, night life and sight seeing.


Feedback from our clients


Afrikaanse Kliente
Lees meer oor wat ons kliënte te sê gehad het oor hul Thailand vakansie na Phuket eiland en Bangkok met vlugte vanaf Johannesburg lughawe in Suid Afrika.

Ons reël verbindingsvlugte vanaf alle dele in die land. Pakkette sluit in die goedkoopste vlug kostes op top gehalte lugreederye, met die mees direkte vlugte.

English Clients
View our Phuket Holiday Reviews by SA travelers & tourists who went on their dream vacation to the islands and beaches of Thailand.

See also - Dubai Holiday Reviews

Africa Safaris & Adventures


Are you planing a African safari or getaway tours to travel South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia, Kenya or Mozambique. Its the most unique countries to experiences best big 5 and birding adventures. All these African destinations are distinctly different from each other with a great diversity in landscape, bird and wildlife species.

Related Links - Link with US

Facebook Pagelike Widget