Enjoy diverse cultural districts, buzzing nightlife, endless shopping, unique architecture, verdant parks & infinite leisure activities
A detailed guide for traveling to Malaysia for South African citizens. The land of 'Rasa Sayang', Malaysia encompasses rugged mountain ranges and tropical rainforests, busy cities and peacefull villages, cool hill stations and over two hundred islands, tumbling rivers and jungles rich with wildlife.
The country is blessed with fair and balmy weather year-round. For honeymooners there are tranquil island destinations including Langkawi, Penang or exotic Kota Kinabalu. Our Malaysia Family, Honeymoon & Business Group Holiday Deals to Malaysia ranges from exciting beach and island resorts to theme and amusement parks in the city and Genting Highlands.
How to travel to Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur is the gateway to Malaysia. Many major airliners fly into Kuala Lumpur including Emirates, Qatar, Singapore Airlines and even Air Mauritius.
The most direct flight to Kuala Lumpur from South Africa is on Singapore Airlines flying from Cape Town or Johannesburg.
Climate & Best Time to go to Malaysia
The country has an equatorial climate and 75% of its land is a tropical rainforest making it delightfully warm throughout the year. The monsoon winds do much to disperse the heat. In the hills, the weather is cooler.
Do I need visas for Malaysia?
No visas are required for South African passport holders for a stay of up to 30 days.
Did you know?
Nasi Goreng, the delightfully simple dish served across the country, is the best enjoyed on the island of Penang, where diverse cooking styles give the dish some special flavours.
Kuala Lumpur is reffered locally as KL and Kota Kinabalu as KK.
The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur at 450 metres high are taller than the Kuala Lumpur Tower at 421 metres. The Kuala Lumpur Tower seems higher because it is standing on a hill.
Top Destinations in Malaysia:
Recommended & Popular Kuala Lumpur Travel Destinations:
- The 3 Stars Dorsett Regency Hotel accommodation in Kuala Lumpur is located central of the Golden Triangle, while its walking distance from the most extraordinary shopping malls, restaurants, tourist attractions and night entertainment.
- The 4 Stars Istana Hotel rooms is just a few minutes walk to Bukit Bintang Shopping centre, Kompleks Kraf and the Convention Centre (KLCC) for business travelers to Malaysia.
- The 4 Stars Marriott Renaissance Hotel from where tourist can explore the Petronas Twin Towers, Birdpark, Pasar Seni Central Market & China Town.
- The Luxurious 5 Stars Grand Millennium Hotel in Bukit Bintang is located next to the Pavilion Shopping Mall with 438 luxury rooms and 30 suites for holiday-makers and businessmen to Malaysia. Mayor facilities at the lodging include a Spa, Fitness Centre, executive club and 1393.55 sqm function venue with dedicated services by the events team.
Beach Destinations in Malaysia:
- 5* Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa is surrounded by the idyllic natural setting of the amazing Langkawi Island. Located on 500 meters of private beachfront, the resort offers a retreat from the rigors of travel, near Langkawi harbour.
- 4* Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, nestled amidst 38 acres of spacious, lush tropical surroundings with an idyllic stretch of private beach coves. The resort has beautiful surroundings with 238 equally stunning guest rooms, including 20 suites.
- 4* Swiss-Garden Hotel, situated between bustling Bukit Bintang and amazing Chinatown. Ideal located for business and leisure travellers, consisting of 310 guest rooms equipped with modern amenities for the ultimate traveler.
Our Malaysia Flight Packages Rates and Prices Include:
- Return Flights on Emirates or Malaysia Airlines from Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town in South Africa
- Return Transfers to the Hotels.
- Accommodation from Breakfast Daily to All Inclusive.
- Per person Sharing.
- Low cost flight seats and faires are limited.
- Surcharges and Block out periods apply.
- Include all levies.
- Combine your Malaysia vacation deals with a few days stay on DUBAI Beaches.
- All inclusives rates can be required.
- Reserve your business class seats.
- Shauffer Limo transfers to economical car rentals in the countries visiting.